25 August 2020
This update covers:
- England: last chance to apply for one-off cash grants.
- Aberdeen: local funding available.
- England: supporting apprentices who are made redundant.
England: last chance to apply for one-off cash grants
Government figures show that £1.5 billion of the £12 billion available for local authority grants to help cope with the effects of coronavirus is still available in England.
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, you may be eligible for a grant of £10,000.
- If your business has a property that has a rateable value of over £15,000 but less than £51,000, you may be eligible for a grant of £25,000.
Aberdeen: local funding available
A £1 million support fund will provide grants of £1,000 and £1,500 to businesses most affected by the temporary measures imposed in Aberdeen. The fund includes £100,000 for discretionary support for sectors not required to close by the regulations. Find out more.
England: supporting apprentices who are made redundant
For employers: If you hire an apprentice who has been made redundant, you could receive an incentive payment of up to £2,000. A new service has been launched to help you find suitable apprentices who have been made redundant.
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Read our FAQs on the government’s safe reopening guidelines.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.