27 August 2020
This update covers:
- New payment launched for people self-isolating in highest risk areas.
- Whistle-blowing scheme launched in Birmingham.
New payment launched for people self-isolating in highest risk areas
People on low incomes who need to self-isolate and are unable to work from home in areas with high levels of COVID-19 will benefit from a new payment scheme, the government has announced. A trial scheme will start in Blackburn, Darwen, Pendle and Oldham on 1 September 2020. Find out more on the government website.
Whistle-blowing scheme launched in Birmingham
Birmingham Council has launched a whistle-blowing reporting scheme for concerned members of the public to use if they believe a business is not following COVID-19 health & safety requirements. Find out more.
Contact your local council to find out if it is operating a similar scheme in your area.
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Read our FAQs on the government’s safe reopening guidelines.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.