11 June 2020
This update covers:
- The government’s announcement that parents returning to work after extended leave will be eligible for furlough. The furlough scheme closed to new entrants yesterday (10 June) for everyone else.
- A warning about scammers pretending to be from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive).
Returning parents eligible for furlough scheme
People on paternity and maternity leave who return to work in the coming months will be eligible for the government’s furlough scheme even after yesterday’s 10 June cut-off date. This will only apply where they work for an employer who has previously furloughed employees.
Employees on adoption leave, shared parental leave, and parental bereavement leave are eligible. Find out more on the government website.
Furlough scheme now closed to new entrants for everyone else
The final date by which an employer needed to place any other employees on furlough was yesterday, Wednesday, 10 June.
Don’t fall for ‘HSE’ scammers
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has issued a warning to employers to guard against a scam email which is falsely claiming to be from HSE about 'health and safety violations during the period March - April 2020'.
If you receive one of these emails you should delete it. Don’t follow any of the links or open any attached files. There is no need to contact the HSE. Find out more on the HSE website.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.