15 May 2020
Today's update covers:
- A new NHBF webinar on preparing your employees to return to work.
- The government's new taskforces created to look at safe reopening in various sectors.
- A reminder that the online service to reclaim Statutory Sick Pay is not yet up and running.
- Domestic abuse support.
Member-only webinar: preparing for reopening
NHBF Members can join our live webinar on preparing your employees to return to work. The webinar takes place on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 at 2pm. The event will be hosted by NHBF director Tina Beaumont-Goddard and a senior member of the NHBF's legal team, Laura Chalkley. Find out more and book your place today.
Government task forces
The government has set up taskforces to develop science-led plans for how and when various industry sectors can reopen. The task forces will work closely with key stakeholders in each industry to create consistent guidelines for safe working to protect employees and the public.
As a key stakeholder and taskforce member, we have submitted the NHBF re-opening guidelines to demonstrate that salons and barbershops will be fully prepared to re-open safely when the time comes.
Claiming back Statutory Sick Pay: not yet open
The coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay rebate scheme will repay employers the current rate of SSP that they pay to current or former employees for periods of sickness starting on or after 13 March 2020. The online service to claim is not yet up and running. In the meantime be wary of fraudsters and scammers. Only use the government’s website to claim. Find out more about the scheme.
Domestic abuse support
The government is asking employers to reassure staff that they can still leave their home if they are experiencing domestic abuse and that there is still support available, including online, helplines, refuges and the police. You can download a domestic abuse employer pack from the government website.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information..
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.