2 February 2021
This update covers:
- Scotland: 100% rates relief extended.
- Scotland: Strategic Framework Business Fund deadline.
- Wales: additional £200 million support announced.
Scotland: 100% rates relief extended
100% rates relief has been extended for at least three months beyond the original end date of 31 March 2021. This includes salons and barbershops that have had to close due to coronavirus. You do not need to apply as the rates relief will be automatically applied to your bill by your local council.
Scotland: Strategic Framework Business Fund deadline
If you have already applied to the Strategic Framework Business Fund, you do not need to reapply for the top-up grant which has been announced by the Scottish Government.
If you have not yet applied, you must apply by Friday, 5 February 2021 to receive the top-up payment.
The top-up payments are:
- £9,000 for larger retail and leisure businesses on top of the 4-weekly £3,000.
- £6,000 for smaller retail and leisure businesses on top of the 4-weekly £2,000.
Wales: additional £200 million support announced
The Welsh Government announced on Friday, 29 January 2021 that lockdown restrictions in Wales will remain in place for three weeks. It has announced additional funding to help businesses through until the end of March.
- Businesses with a rateable value of £12,000 or under will be eligible to receive a payment of £3,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value between £12,001 and £150,000 will be eligible to receive a payment of £5,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value of up to £500,000 will also be eligible for the £5,000 grant.
If you have not already registered with your local authority, do so now to ensure you receive the financial support available. Find your local authority.
Make sure you claim all the financial support you are entitled to. Find out more on our website:
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Find out what financial support is available across the four nations.
- Rules for mobile stylists and therapists.
- How to cope with local lockdowns.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.