20 May 2020
This update covers:
- New NHBF blog post about changes to the annual leave rules.
- The latest apprenticeship guidance.
- Statutory Sick Pay scheme to open on 26 May.
- Government business support helplines
New NHBF blog post: annual leave
We have just published a new blog post about the temporary changes that have been made to annual leave arrangements due to coronavirus.
NHBF Members can login to read a longer version of this blog post with more detailed information.
Updated apprenticeship guidance for England
The government has just updated its guidance for apprentices, employers, training providers and assessment organisations. The guidance applies to England. It includes information on training and assessment in line with safer working guidelines, calculating wages for furloughed apprentices, support for redundant apprentices and FAQs. Find out more.
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) scheme to open next week
The online service for employers to reclaim Statutory Sick Pay will open next week on Tuesday, 26 May 2020. Find out more on the government’s website. In the meantime, be on your guard against scammers and fraudsters.
The government’s business support helpline numbers are:
- England: freephone 0800 998 1098. Webchat is also available.
- Scotland: 0300 303 0660
- Wales: 0330 060 300
- Northern Ireland: 0800 181 4422.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.