21 May 2020
This update covers:
- New rules that allow salons and barbershops to operate a ‘click and collect service’ for retail products.
- Information for freelance (mobile) hairdressers from the FHA
- Government plans to ease lockdown.
Selling retail via click and collect
What are salons and barbershops allowed to do?
The government has announced that salons and barbershops can now offer a ‘click and collect’ service for retail products. This information is included in this government guidance.
Salons and barbershops are NOT allowed to reopen their premises to the public. They are NOT allowed to offer any services or treatments.
Don’t forget: staff who do this work cannot be on furlough.
How does it work?
- Premises must remain closed to the public.
- Clients can place an order for retail products online, by phone or via other messaging services – not in person. Clients are not allowed into the premises to view or pay for products.
- Clients must collect their order without entering the premises. It’s a good idea to set a specific time during the day for collections to reduce
- You must maintain social distancing when clients pick up their orders from outside your premises.
- It’s good practice to arrange a specific time slot for clients to pick up their order to avoid too many people turning up at the same time.
Advice and information for freelance (mobile) hairdressers
The National Hair & Beauty Federation (NHBF) is the UK’s largest industry body for hair, beauty and nail salons, barbershops, their staff and self-employed individuals working within a professional salon/barbershop. As such, all NHBF advice and guidelines are for salon/barbershop owners and those who work in a salon/barbershop and do not necessarily apply to freelance (mobile) hairdressers. For advice regarding freelance hairdressers we recommend you refer to the Freelance Hair Association (FHA) , who have released the following statement:
The FHA is working with manufacturers to bring guidelines for freelancers going back to work. They will be available shortly but be aware that they will only be recommendations as the government has not given any formal direction or guidance.
Our guidelines for members with home salons or rent a chair will follow along the lines of those for salons with appropriate changes to suit the needs of hairdressers calling to client’s homes.
Please be patient as there is still time. We will have this information for you in plenty of time for you to prepare to go back to work.
Government plans to ease lockdown
The four nations have all published their plans for recovery and easing lockdown:
None of the plans yet give a definite date for when salons and barbershops can reopen.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information..
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.