23 July 2020
This update covers:
- Government webinar on working safely in salons and barbershops.
- Beauty salons now open in Scotland -but not mobile businesses.
Government webinar on working safely in salons and barbershops
This webinar will offer a recap on how to make your salon or barbershop COVID-secure. It takes place on Tuesday, 28 July 2020 at 11am. Find out more and register.
Beauty salons now open in Scotland - but not mobile businesses
Beauty salons and private practices are now allowed to reopen in Scotland. (This excludes mobile beauty businesses who provide services in the clients’ home until further notice.)
The guidance for safe reopening in Scotland can be found here. Scotland has adopted the same guidelines as England for beauty salons, nail bars, spas, sunbed salons and tattoo artists. The Scottish Government has also provided an additional checklist.
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Read our FAQs on the government’s safe reopening guidelines.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.