24 November 2020
This update covers:
- England: salons and barbershops can now reopen on 2 December 2020.
- England: salons and barbershops stay open in three-tier system.
- England: guidelines to be updated.
England: salons and barbershops can reopen on 2 December 2020
The government has confirmed that salons, barbershops and close contact mobile services can reopen on Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
Previously, the reopening date set by the government was Thursday, 3 December 2020. However, new legislation due to come into force this week is expected to change the reopening date to Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
England: salons and barbershops to stay open in three-tier system
On Wednesday, 2 December 2020, England will return to the three-tier system.
Salons, barbershops, nail salons, spas, massage parlours and tanning salons can remain open in all three tiers.
England: guidelines to be updated
Covid-secure guidelines for close contact services must be followed. It is expected that updated government guidance will be published on Thursday.
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Find out what financial support is available across the four nations.
- Rules for mobile stylists and therapists.
- How to cope with local lockdowns.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information..
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.