30 July 2020
This update covers:
- New blog post: Test and Trace guidelines.
- Self-isolation in England to increase from seven to ten days.
- New government calculator to help with furlough payments.
- New grants for small and medium-size businesses in England.
- Updated beauty guidance for England expected soon.
New blog post: Test and Trace guidelines
The NHBF’s latest blog post explains what salons and barbershops need to do to help support the NHS Test and Trace service. It also covers the requirements in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Self-isolation in England to increase from seven to ten days
In England, people with coronavirus symptoms or a positive test result must now self-isolate for ten days. The previous length of time was seven days. This announcement was made today (30 July 2020). Find out more on the government website.
New government calculator to help with furlough payments
Employers can use a new government calculator to work out how much they have to pay their furloughed and flexibly furloughed employees, how much they can claim for employer National Insurance contributions and pension contributions and how much they can claim back. The calculator will be updated as the scheme changes over the coming months.
New grants for small and medium-size businesses in England
The government announced today (30 July 2020) that thousands of smaller businesses in England are set to benefit from £20 million of new funding to help them recover from the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
Small and medium-size businesses will have access to grants of between £1,000-£5,000 to help them with new technology and other equipment as well as professional, legal, financial or other advice to help them get back on track.
The funding will be distributed through Growth Hubs across England. Find your local Growth Hub.
Updated beauty guidance for England expected soon
From 1 August 2020, beauty treatments on the face will be allowed in England. We are expecting the government guidelines to be updated before then and will keep you posted.
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Read our FAQs on the government’s safe reopening guidelines.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information..
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.