5 May 2020
This update covers:
- What the NHBF is doing to ensure salons and barbershops can reopen safely
- Our Member-only webinar about reopening.
- A reminder that bounce back loans are now open for applications.
Reopening: what the NHBF is doing
The government has not yet announced a date when salons and barbershops can reopen. Speculation in the press should be ignored. However, we are expecting the government to release its ’roadmap’ out of lockdown later this week.
The NHBF is:
- Working with the government at the highest levels to ensure ministers and officials understand the particular challenges that will face our industry when salons and barbershops reopen, including sufficient lead-in time.
- Asking the government to provide clear guidance about the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) and other precautions that should be taken. So far, no information about PPE has been released.
- Working on a reopening guide to cover a range of issues that will face salon and barbershops when they reopen. This will be available soon.
As soon as we have definite information about key reopening issues we will let you know.
Read the latest press release from the NHBF here.
Stay in contact
The information we gather from our Members via social media, our membership team and NHBF surveys continues to be extremely valuable for our ongoing discussions with the government, so please stay in contact.
NHBF Members can join our webinar about how salons are planning to return to work, to be held on 12 May 2020 at 2pm. Find out more and register.
Bounce back loans now open for applications
The government’s bounce back loan scheme is now open for applications. Find out more and apply.
Details about the bounce back loan scheme can be found on the British Business Bank website.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.