9 June 2020
This update covers:
- Advice for businesses in Scotland
- New funding for micro-businesses in Northern Ireland
- New blog post: marketing your salon or barbershop
Advice for businesses in Scotland
A range of advice for Scottish businesses about funding, rebuilding your business and protecting your employees can now be accessed from a single page on the Scottish government’s website.
New funding for micro-businesses in Northern Ireland
The Northern Ireland Executive has launched a new hardship fund to help Northern Ireland-based micro-businesses and social enterprises who are unable to access other regional and national coronavirus support measures.
Up to £40 million will be available to offer emergency funding to businesses facing immediate cash flow difficulties due to the impact of the outbreak. Find out more.
Back to business with the NHBF: marketing your salon or barbershop
When salons and barbershops reopen it will be more important than ever to make marketing work for you. Read our latest blog post on this topic.
NHBF Members can also download the latest version of our free in-depth guide to no-cost and low-cost marketing ideas. The guide also explains the advertising, copyright and data protection laws you need to comply with.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.