1 July 2021
The NHBF has today, Thursday 1 July, launched the Hair & Beauty Industry – Top 100 Influencers - an opportunity to recognise those in the industry that use social media to influence, educate and innovate the sector.
They are inviting nominations for the individuals who you think are the most influential in the industry on social media including hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists, nail technicians, make-up artists and aestheticians. You can nominate yourself and as many people as want.
The nominations are open to NHBF Members and non-members that fit within the following criteria:
- A professional currently working in the hairdressing, barbering, beauty, wellbeing or aesthetics industries.
- Applicants should have an applicable qualification in the industry they are working in, from a regulated awarding organisation as detailed here or equivalent continual experience working in the industry (5 years+)
A longlist of 250 will then be given to our partners running the Influencer Index campaign, and who will analyse the nominations based on independent data metrics.
- Followers - the number of people following the nominees
- Engagement - the number of mentions, shares, links and impressions of the nominees’ posts
- Reach - how many people have seen the nominees’ posts
The final Top 100 will then be revealed on 14-15 November 2021. Further details to follow.
Chief executive Richard Lambert says, “Ours is one of the UK’s most social media savvy industries and so we felt it was time to recognise and celebrate those hair and beauty professionals who use their channels to share their knowledge and opinions, and those who promote our industry with how to videos, behind the scenes, trends and advice and general examples of their great work.
We are aiming for the Hair & Beauty Industry – Top 100 influencers to become a hotly contested annual event!”
Nominations can be made here at Hair & Beauty – Top 100 Influencers and closing date for nominations is 30 September 2021.
You share the fact that you have nominated on social media by using the hashtag #NHBFTop100influencers