13 November 2018
On Sunday night, the hairdressing, barbering and beauty businesses who had been nominated to win an NHBF Welsh Award gathered at The Coal Exchange in Cardiff for the big announcements. The winners of the NHBF’s Welsh Awards were selected by the people of Wales who were able to vote for their chosen business after a list of nominees was drawn up by an expert panel of judges.
Nominees and guests were welcomed to the NHBF’s Welsh Awards with a sparkling reception, a red-carpet black-tie dinner and catwalk showcasing the work of some of the 2017 winners. The awards ceremony then crowned the winners of the NHBF’s Welsh Awards, before the fabulous evening concluded with a party to celebrate the success of some of the best hair and beauty businesses in the industry.
The winners of the NHBF’s Welsh Awards are:
- NHBF Welsh Hairdresser of the Year - Shelley James - Ty Gwalt unisex hair salon, Porth
- NHBF Welsh Barber of the Year - Alex Panios - Windsor Barbers, Cardiff
- NHBF Welsh Student/Apprentice of the Year - Kayleigh Williams, Hair Kandi, Swansea
- NHBF Welsh Salon Team of the Year - Freestyle Barbers, Haverfordwest
- NHBF Welsh Beauty Therapist of the Year - Beauty by Lauren, Abertillery
- NHBF Welsh Colour Technician of the Year - Bryley Hinton, House of Hinton, Cardiff
- NHBF Best in Wales - Naomi Troake, Hair Kandi, Swansea
- NHBF Hall of Fame – Lazarou Barbers, Cardiff
NHBF President, Agnes Leonard said: “The number of entries we received exceeded all of our expectations, as did the number of votes we received from the people of Wales who selected which business they wanted to win.
We would like to congratulate all of our winners for their hard work and determination
“Winning an NHBF Welsh Award is a huge achievement for a hair and beauty business, so we would like to congratulate all of our winners for their hard work and determination - we hope that their businesses continue to thrive as a result!”
This year’s Welsh Awards were sponsored by ASTON & FINCHER.
Visit www.nhf.info/welsh-awards for further information on the NHBF’s Welsh Awards.