7 June 2022
Following the incredible success of last year’s event, the NHBF has launched the Hair & Beauty Industry – Top 100 Influencers Index for a second year, offering an opportunity to recognise those in the industry that use social media to influence, educate and innovate our sector.
They are inviting nominations for the individuals who you think are the most influential in the industry on social media including hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists, nail technicians, make-up artists and aestheticians. You can nominate as many people as you wish, including yourself and we encourage you to post it on social media using #NHBFTop100influencers.
The nomination process is simple:
- Enter your name or the name of the person you’re nominating here
- Enter their social media handles (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok & YouTube)
- Confirm that you or they meet the nomination criteria (listed below)
Once the nominations close, a longlist of 250 will then be given to our partners running the Influencer Index campaign who will analyse the nominations based on independent data metrics:
- Followers - the number of people following you/the nominees.
- Engagement - the number of mentions, shares, links and impressions of your/the nominees’ posts.
- Reach - how many people have seen your/the nominees’ posts.
We are celebrating the whole industry, so the nominations are open to NHBF Members and non-members that fit within the following criteria:
- A professional currently working in the hairdressing, barbering, beauty, wellbeing or aesthetics industries.
- Applicants should have an applicable qualification in the industry they are working in, from a regulated awarding organisation as detailed here or equivalent continual experience working in the industry (5 years+)
Chief executive Richard Lambert says, “We were overwhelmed by the amount of entries last year, and so are very excited to see what happens this year. There were several surprises in last year’s results, so we should expect more to come. The emphasis is on engagement and influence, so our independent agency will be checking for bought followers. We want to celebrate those who have a real and organic following, promoting our industry with how to videos, behind the scenes, trends and advice and general examples of their great work.”
On receiving her winner’s nomination last year, beauty guru Caroline Hirons said, “I am thrilled to be Number 1. When I started a blog 11 years ago I had no idea where it would lead and I’m very grateful for the support and I love this industry, so thank you very much.”
The Top 100 ranking influencers will be announced on 13 November 2022 - more details to follow.
Click here for the nomination form– closing date is 29 July 2022.
You can share the fact that you have nominated on social media by using the hashtags: