Membership Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before becoming a Member of the NHBF:
National Hairdressers’ Federation Limited (NHBF or we/us/our) is a Co-operative and Community Benefit Society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority with company number 30905R and registered address at One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford MK44 3WH.
By becoming a Member of the NHBF you have entered into an agreement with us, as set out in these terms and conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about the meaning of any of these terms.
NHBF reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online on our website at www.nhf.info/home/ (‘our website’).
1. By joining the NHBF as a member you have entered into an agreement with us, as set out in (a) these terms and conditions, (b) our Regulations for Membership (the Regulations), (c) our Professional Code of Conduct (the Code) and (d) the Licence of Copyright (the Licence).
2. Our Regulations are approved by the NHBF Board and set out the NHBF membership categories, eligibility for membership, the application process, membership subscriptions and the duties of a member.
3. By joining the NHBF you agree to abide by the Code.
4. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about the meaning of any of the terms used in any of these documents
Process for joining
5. In order to join NHBF:
a. An application form, whether filled in by you on paper or online, or by someone in the membership team on your behalf, if you wish to join over the telephone, must first be completed.
b. Payment must be made in full or arrangements can be made to pay by instalments (see the section on payments below).
c. You will be asked for your consent to your salon / barbershop details being displayed on our website at www.nhbf.co.uk/ (our website). If you consent to this, you are responsible for making sure that all details entered on your application form are spelt correctly and are in the format you wish them to be displayed in. You must also make sure that any names or logos you give us do not infringe the rights of third parties.
d. You will have to make a one-off set-up fee payment of £50 if you want to use the monthly Direct Debit payment method.
e. Once all payments have been made or a Direct Debit has been authorised, NHBF will confirm your membership and issue you with a membership number.
f. On completing the joining or renewal process, you will receive confirmation of your successful application and be sent your membership number, normally by post.
6. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations, NHBF reserves the right to refuse membership applications.
7. Details of membership categories and prices can be found at here.
8. A full list of the package of benefits available to members can also be found at here.
9. Your membership will give you access to the members-only area of our website where you can access materials available exclusively for the use of members. The extent of your access to our website will depend on the type of membership you have chosen.
10. Copyright in all NHBF resources is owned by the NHBF. Where you download, print or otherwise use any documents, digital content or other material (in whatever format) these will be available to you under the Licence.
11. Your membership number will be required when you contact the employment law / HR helpline or the business legal helpline.
Fees and payments
14. Membership is annual and fees are charged on that basis. You may make a one-off payment for a one year membership (new or renewal) by cheque, BACS, credit or debit card or an annual/ monthly payment by Direct Debit.
15. A payment by Direct Debit is probably the simplest and most convenient way to pay your subscription.
16. If you cancel your membership part-way through a membership year, we will not be able to refund any portion of your annual membership subscription.
17. Membership fees may be paid in instalments by Direct Debit. If you choose this option, you are entering into a contract and if you try to cancel your membership part way through a membership year, the remaining portion of your annual fee will become immediately due and payable.
18. NHBF may raise the price of membership each year and we will inform you if we are doing this when we inform you about renewal. See the next section for more details.
19. Members will receive a renewal notice each year prior to the anniversary of when that salon or person joined the NHBF. This notice will include details of any change in membership fees for the coming year. If there are no changes in the subscription fees, you wish to continue to be a member and have the appropriate Direct Debit set up, you will not have to take any action in order to renew.
20. If your membership has lapsed or you have cancelled your membership, you will need to contact NHBF to reinstate your membership. You can do so by contacting the membership team on 01234 831965.
21. If you do cancel a Direct Debit or we do not receive the annual payment on that renewal date, we will assume that you do not wish to continue your membership. In that case, membership will cease at the end of the month in which payment was due. When this happens you will no longer be entitled to any membership benefits and your membership number will no longer allow you to access the members-only part of our website or use the NHBF member logo or the NHBF logo.
Termination of membership
22. In addition to the membership ending for non-payment of fees (see above), NHBF has the right to cancel your membership if:
a. you behave inappropriately towards other members; or
b. you bring NHBF into disrepute; or
c. you breach these terms, the Code, the Licence or the Regulations.
23. Trade Membership will not give you access to the NHBF membership database.
24. Trade Membership will provide you with marketing tools to promote your offer on our online directory. If you would like further opportunities to reach NHBF Members advertising and sponsorship packages are available.
25. The NHBF reserves the right not to promote products/services/offers which conflict with NHBF membership services.
26. Trade Membership applications are subject to approval.
27. Colleges and training providers applying for NHBF trade membership must be accredited by an awarding body.
28. Trade membership fees are available at a discounted rate for colleges and training providers.
29. If you have a commercial salon you will not be eligible for Trade Member status – instead you can join as a full salon member here.
If you are already an NHBF salon member, you can add another non-salon business as a trade member at a discounted rate.
30. We will use the personal information you provide to us to process your membership application and payment, and to provide you with membership services.
31. We may also inform you about similar products or services that we provide but you may opt-out of receiving such communications from us at any time by contacting us.
32. See our privacy notice for further details.
Miscellaneous and contact details
33. Each of the above terms shall be read separately and if found to be illegal, void or invalid for any reason, this will not affect any of the other terms.
34. These membership terms shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and the parties agree that the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
35. If you have any queries, comments, complaints or other issues about your membership, please contact our membership team on 01234 831965 lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (excluding public holidays).