Every year the National Hair & Beauty Federation (NHBF) releases statistics giving an overview of the hairdressing, barbering and beauty businesses.
You've come to the right place if you want to know:
- The number of hair and beauty businesses in the UK.
- Their contribution to the UK economy.
- Salon turnover in different parts of the country.
- The number of people working in hair and beauty.
- Patterns of work, including employment and self-employment.
- Age and gender.
- Health and wellbeing.
Want to know more? To get your copy of the booklet with more detailed statistics go here FREE to Members / non-members £250 (inc VAT)
Note: Please acknowledge the NHBF and the data sources when using these statistics.
Official definitions of the hair and beauty industry include:
Hair washing, trimming and cutting, setting, dyeing, tinting, waving, straightening and similar activities for men and women, barbering, shaving and beard trimming, trichology, facial massage, manicure and pedicure, make-up, electrolysis and other beauty treatments, but not the manufacture of wigs.