The NHBF board is the governing body of the National Hair & Beauty Federation (NHBF).
Its role is to protect and promote the interests of the NHBF and its membership as a whole. The day-to-day management of the NHBF is the chief executive’s responsibility.
- Develops strategy, vision and mission, and key strategic objectives.
- Approves policies, annual business plans and budgets.
- Appoints a chief executive and holds the postholder to account on delivering the strategy and business plan, as agreed and approved by the board.
- Reviews financial performance.
- Oversees policy on bank accounts and authorised signatories.
- Monitors use of resources.
- Oversees the remuneration and disciplinary committees.
- Aims to ensure compliance with the NHBF’s rules.
- Sets clear boundaries with operational issues.
The board also oversees our Hair & Beauty Mediation service, certified alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider, and Trust My Salon, our consumer code of practice.
The board normally meets six times per year.
Board members remain in office for three years and are eligible for re-election but only for a maximum of three consecutive terms of office. There must be a break of at least one year before they are eligible again for election or appointment to the board in any capacity.
Only board members are eligible for the positions of president and vice-president. The Board will appoint the president and vice-president annually. The honorary treasurer is elected by Members. Board members representing the regions are elected by NHBF Members in those regions.
Board members receive a monthly report from the chief executive, including a set of monthly management accounts within ten working days of the end of the month.
You can meet our board here.