Code of Conduct
NHBF Members are expected to comply with our professional code of conduct. Members should:
- Always place the welfare of clients above any other consideration.
- Not bring the hairdressing, barbering or beauty industries or the NHBF into disrepute.
- Aim to uphold professional standards and follow the good practice guidelines set out in the code of conduct.
The good practice guidelines cover:
- Insurance requirements.
- Qualifications, training and licences.
- Health & safety.
- Salon/barbershop standards.
- Client consultations.
- Allergy alert testing.
- Age restrictions.
- Advertising, promotion and pricing.
- Pay and tips.
- Professional pride.
Read the full code of conduct for salon owners.
Read the full code of conduct for the self-employed.