Terms and conditions for Events
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking onto an event.
The National Hair and Beauty Federation Limited (NHBF or we/us/our) is a Co-operative and Community Benefit Society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority with company number 30905R and registered address at One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford MK44 3WH.
By booking onto an NHBF event you have entered into an agreement with us, as set out in these terms and conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about the meaning of any of these terms.
NHBF reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online on our website at www.nhbf.co.uk (‘our website’).
Terms and conditions for Events
1. Bookings must be made for all NHBF events. Details and prices of our events can be found at www.nhbf.co.uk/events.
2. Payment must be made at the time of booking, either online on our website or by telephone. Payments cannot be accepted on the door (subject to clause 5 below). Some NHBF events are free of charge, but bookings must still be made so that we can ensure we use an appropriate venue and provide enough refreshments.
3. Due to health and safety regulations, hotels and other meeting venues impose restrictions on the number of people who can attend their events. We cannot exceed the capacity of the room specified in the contract between NHBF and the event venue.
4. Events will therefore be filled on a first come first served basis, unless otherwise specified. If an event is full, a waiting list will be kept and any places becoming available will be offered to the individuals on the waiting list in the order we were notified of their interest.
5. People who arrive at an event without having made a booking may be refused entry. If there is sufficient space the organiser may, at their discretion, allow entry provided full payment is made.
6. Tickets and receipts for payment will be sent to the postal address you gave when making the booking, approximately 7 days in advance of the event. If your booking was made only a few days before the event, information will be sent by email to the address you provided on the booking form and your name will be added to the delegate list.
7. Your booking will only be confirmed by us at the point we send you the relevant tickets and receipts, or email you with confirmation that you have been allocated a place (as stated above).
8. If you are sending someone else to attend an event in your place, please let us know. Please be aware that there may be a higher price for non-NHF members.
Cancellation by you or 'no show'
9. If you are not able to attend an event, please let us know as soon as possible, especially for free events as someone else on the waiting list may be able to take your place.
10. If you cancel your place at an event we will not refund your attendance fee, however you may arrange for somebody else to attend in your place.
11. If you fail to tell us that you are unable to attend a free event, we reserve the right to charge you £10 to cover the cost of refreshments and a contribution towards our administration costs.
Cancellation or changes by us
12. If we are required to postpone an event for any reason beyond our control (for example, due to bad weather or speaker illness) we will notify you in advance wherever possible and provide you with at least 4 weeks’ notice of the date and location of the rescheduled event. A full refund will be given if you are unable to attend on the new date.
13. If we are required to cancel an event completely (for example, due to insufficient bookings) we will notify you in advance wherever possible and provide you with a full refund of the attendance fee. We will not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience which you may suffer or incur as a result of an event being cancelled.
14. We may occasionally have to change the content and timing of an event, the date, venue or speaker. On the rare occasions this happens, we will notify you by email and provide as much notice as possible.
15. We will not be liable for any additional costs or expenses arising in relation to the postponement or cancellation of an event, or other changes.
Early bird discount terms and conditions
16. The ‘early bird’ discount applies to selected events and dates only. Each event date will have a specified discount, and a ‘from’ and ‘to’ date.
17. The ‘early bird’ discount is available to NHF members only.
18. Unless specified otherwise, the ‘early bird’ discount is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Personal information (for Events)
19. We will use the personal information you provide to us to process your booking and payment, and assist you with attending the event.
20. If you are not an NHF member, we will ask if you would like to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and ask you to consent to us informing you about similar products or services that we provide (for example, other NHF events or competitions). You may choose to stop receiving such communications from us at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. For full details of how we process your personal information please see our Privacy Notice.
Dietary/accessibility requirements (for Events)
22. For daytime events we usually provide a sandwich lunch plus tea, coffee and soft drinks. For evening events we usually provide tea, coffee and soft drinks only. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know in advance.
23. If you have any access requirements (for example, due to an injury or disability), please let us know when making the booking so we can make sure the room will be suitable for you. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance under these terms if you have not provided us with this information.