Beauty, aesthetics and wellbeing
Fighting for… Better standards, safety and quality assurance of beauty aesthetics
- A level playing field, academic progression and access to accredited qualifications and standards for practitioners.
- The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 to be updated so it covers all beauty treatments now available to clients.
- Mandatory licensing of beauty salons and aesthetics clinics offering specified non-surgical aesthetics treatments to ensure there are minimum standards regarding the suitability of premises, hygiene and infection control.
- Recognition of the robust qualifications and training available within the beauty and aesthetics industry and for them to be a requirement for both licensing and salon insurance.
- Legislation to raise the minimum age for injectable treatments to protect the youngest and most vulnerable, along with other measures.
- An adequately funded government campaign to raise public awareness of good practice.
Useful resources from the NHBF:
- Beauty resources
- Member-only guide to starting a beauty business
- Member-only health and safety toolkit