Equality, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) and Wellbeing
Raising awareness … the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion and well-being in the hair and beauty industries
- For the hair and beauty industries to be inclusive across race, gender, sexuality, and disability.
- To reach out to all communities and create a platform to highlight key issues and further educate salons and barbershops.
- To demonstrate to salons and barbershops that inclusivity and diversity are good for business.
- To raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace, from anxiety and depression to more severe diagnoses such as bipolar disorder.
- Provide advice, resources and tools to salons and barbershops to support mental wellbeing.
- To eliminate discrimination against employees who have a mental or physical disability.
Useful resources from the NHBF: