Whether you have a new client or one who has been coming to you for years, always start the appointment with a full consultation.
A loyal customer may have had the same haircut or beauty treatment for years, but don't assume they'll want the 'same again' every time they visit. Similarly, a new client will appreciate a thorough consultation because it will make them feel valued as an individual rather than just another client.
This blog post covers:
- Why consultations are vital
- Personalising your service
- Asking open questions
- Using images
- The importance of listening
- Keeping things realistic
- Double-checking you understand what’s required
- Taking the opportunity to upsell – products and treatments
- Allergy alert testing
- Training your staff
- GDPR – complying with data protection law