Ethical and Sustainable salons
Raising awareness … environmental impact and sustainability.
- To help salons and barbershops work towards greater sustainability: going green is good for the planet, sends positive image for the business, which ultimately benefits the bottom line
- To work with product houses and large suppliers to encourage their support of salons and barbershops who aim to be more eco-conscious.
- To work in partnership with key organisations to share simple, accessible, affordable and effective advice on greening your salon
- To share best practice stories to inspire others within the industry.
- To publicise the nature and extent of take up of sustainable practices within the sector
- Represent the sector and feed into DEFRA’s Business Advisory Group on biodiversity
- Collaborate with the Government and share information on ethical sourcing of hair extensions and address issues around modern slavery and forced labour.
Useful resources from the NHBF: