Did you know that hair salons are one of the biggest energy users of all small businesses? By saving energy you can also save money, and demonstrate to clients that you are an eco-friendly hair or beauty business. We asked Dr Denise Baden of Southampton Business School for some expert energy efficiency advice.
This blog post covers:
- Taking positive action to save energy
- Switching Energy suppliers
- Upgrading your lighting
- Switching off equipment
- Turning down your heating
- Minimising the use of air conditioning
- Maintaining your boiler
- Appointing ‘energy champions’
- Getting the best deal and shopping around
- Member case study: leading the way
“There is no way to completely cut out energy consumption in a salon; there are certain pieces of equipment that are essential and require energy,” says Denise.
“However, there are positive steps that salon owners can take to reduce their energy consumption. Not only will these make you a more eco-friendly salon, they could also save you money.”
Switching energy is easy. It's the same pipes, gas, meter and safety – you don't lose supply – the only difference is price and customer service.
Direct Business Solutions has grown into one of the largest consultancies in the UK. They have helped thousands of customers to save money on their utilities.
Our partnership with a leading energy consultancy Direct Business Solutions helps you manage the energy pricing crisis as simply as possible by finding the energy contract best suited to your business’s needs. Take advantage of our new Members only partnership providing you with;
- Great prices and deals on your utilities
- A choice of like for like quotes, putting you firmly in control
- Simplicity, your dedicated account person will make this process hassle-free.
- Clarity on your energy pricing and broker costs
- Fit – Match your business needs with the best supplier