18 May 2020
This update covers:
- Our newly launched reopening guide.
Free reopening guide now launched
This in-depth guide is based on government guidelines and includes our recommendations for how these guidelines can be put in place in hair and beauty salons and barbershops. This guide is free to download for everyone in the industry. The guide will be updated if government guidelines change.
The guide has been developed with input from our Members, our health & safety team, and UK industry bodies. However, every business is different and owners will need to make their own decisions about how to best protect their team and clients.
Our reopening guide covers:
- What to do before reopening
- Health & safety when you reopen
- Taking financial control
- Chair, space and room renters
Non-members need to register on the NHBF website to access our free resources.
In addition, resources that will be available to NHBF Members only are coming soon. These include a guide on reopening employment law, risk assessments, checklists, ready-to-use staff/client communications and salon/barbershop notices.
NHBF Members can join our live webinar on preparing your employees to return to work. The webinar takes place tomorrow, 19 May 2020 at 2pm. The event will be hosted by NHBF director Tina Beaumont-Goddard and a senior member of the NHBF's legal team, Laura Chalkley. Find out more and book your place today.
Not yet an NHBF Member?
Join us today to benefit from our free webinars, Member-only coronavirus resources, access to our membership team and free 24/7 legal support – all for less than 80p a day. Find out more and join.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information..
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.