4 June 2020
This update covers:
- NHBF seeks urgent clarification on aesthetic treatments.
- New laws to offer more protection to businesses.
- HMRC business support webinars and videos.
- Government information for employers about apprenticeships.
- New NHBF blog post: work smarter, not harder.
NHBF seeks urgent clarification on aesthetic treatments
There have been reports that aesthetic treatments are being offered by some medical practices due to unclear government guidance.
The issue was raised by Carolyn Harris MP and Judith Cummins MP, Co-Chairs of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Beauty for Aesthetics and Wellbeing. They said:
“We are extremely concerned by reports that some medical practices are providing Botox and other aesthetics treatments while government guidance states that the beauty industry should remain closed at this stage.”
The confusion may have arisen because the government has announced a list of medical-related services that can reopen and the list includes ‘other medical or healthcare services’.
The NHBF is now seeking urgent clarification from the government.
New laws will offer more protection to businesses.
A new bill currently going through Parliament will offer more support to businesses to help them through the coronavirus outbreak. Measures include:
- Giving businesses more breathing space at this uncertain time.
- Ensuring they are temporarily protected from creditor action during the coronavirus emergency.
- Reducing pressures on directors so they can focus on keeping their businesses going.
HMRC business support webinars and videos
You can watch government videos and sign up for webinars to learn more about the support available to deal with the economic impact of coronavirus. Find out more.
Updated government information about apprenticeships
The government has updated its advice about apprenticeships during the coronavirus outbreak to provide specific information for employers.
New NHBF blog post: work smarter, not harder
We have been seeing many comments on social media and elsewhere about salon/barbershop owners wanting to improve their work/life balance when they reopen. In response, we have just published a new blog post: Back to business with the NHBF: work smarter, not harder.
- Download our free reopening guide for salons and barbershops. Non-members will need to create a free account
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.