Website Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site:
National Hairdressers’ Federation Limited (NHBF or we/us/our) is a Co-operative and Community Benefit Society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority with company number 30905R and registered address at One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford MK44 3WH.
By using this site you are agreeing with these terms and conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about the meaning of any of these terms.
NHBF reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online on our website at www.nhf.info/home/ (‘our website’).
What's in these terms?
1. These terms tell you the rules for using our website at www.nhbf.co.uk (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us
2. www.nhbf.co.uk is a site operated by the National Hair & Beauty Federation Limited. We are a Co-operative and Community Benefit Society registered in England and Wales with registered number 30905R. Our registered office is One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford, MK44 3WH. Our main trading address is the same as our registered office. Our VAT number is 335114196.
We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
3. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our Membership Team on 01234 831965.
By using our site you accept these terms
4. Our site allows both members and non-NHBF members to purchase tickets to events and items from the NHBF shop. It also allows members to access information via a members-only area of the site.
6. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
7. We may make changes to these terms. We amend these terms from time to time. Whenever you use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
8. We may make changes to our site. We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our members’ and other users' needs, and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
9. All accessible sections of our site are made available free of charge to members of NHBF.
10. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You must keep your account details safe
12. You must keep your members login details, passwords or any other piece of information, provided as part of our security procedures, as confidential. You must not disclose these to any third party.
14. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
How you may use material on our site
15. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You can see our copyright licence.
16. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
17. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
18. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
Responsibility and liability for the content on the site
20. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
21. We are not responsible for websites we link to. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be seen as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
22. User-generated content is not approved by us. Where this website includes information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, this information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us.
23. If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
24. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
25. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
26. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
27. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with:
a. use of, or inability to use, our site; or
b. use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
c. In particular, we will not be liable for:
d. loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
e. business interruption;
f. loss of anticipated savings;
g. loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
h. loss or corruption of data or information; or
i. any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
28. We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice.
Uploading content to our site
29. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the following, for example in relation to photographs for a competition or, as a members, your logo and/or name/banner or any other salon details.
30. Any content you upload must not:
a. Be defamatory of any person.
b. Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
c. Promote sexually explicit material.
d. Promote violence.
e. Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
f. Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
g. Where images have been taken of celebrities, models or other individuals, they must not be uploaded without their express consent, having been obtained and recorded in a consent form.
h. Be likely to deceive any person.
i. Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
j. Promote any illegal activity.
k. Be in contempt of court.
l. Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy.
m. Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
n. Give the impression that the content emanates from NHBF, if this is not the case.
o. Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
31. You will be liable to us and will indemnify us for any breach of the above. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of you falling foul of the above.
32. Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content but you are required to grant NHBF a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
33. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a breach of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
24. On certain parts of this website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted in the relevant forms.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
25. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
26. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
27. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
28. The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only and must not be used as a substitute for seeking legal or professional advice. The information is provided by the National Hair & Beauty Federation Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about its completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?