Public liability insurance is vital protection for your salon or barbershop. Find out what it covers and how NHBF Members can benefit from value-for money discounted cover designed specifically for hair/beauty salons and barbershops.
This blog post covers:
- What is public liability insurance?
- Who needs public liability insurance?
- What treatments does public liability insurance cover?
- What is not covered by public liability insurance?
- Employers' liability: what the law says
- What does EL insurance not cover
Public liability insurance will protect you if a member of the public is injured or has their property damaged:
• At your hair/beauty salon or barbershop.
• As a result of your business activities.
Don’t forget that injury includes both physical harm and emotional stress. As well as trips, spills and accidents caused by salon equipment, you may also be faced with a claim for emotional trauma.
Public liability insurance will cover compensation pay-outs and the legal costs of defending a claim.