16 November 2015
Put away your selfie sticks – the winners of this year’s NHBF Photographic Stylist of the Year have been announced!
The prestigious photographic competition encourages stylists to showcase their talent and creativity in the most visually compelling way they can. With a record 200 entries across its eight categories, this year’s competition was the most intensely fought yet.
The winners were announced at the NHBF’s Britain’s Best competition in Warwickshire on Sunday 15 November.
NHBF president Paul Curry praised the exceptionally high standard and quality of this year’s entries. “Our judges found drawing up a final shortlist extremely challenging, let alone deciding on our final winners.
My congratulations to all this year’s winners – you should all be proud of what you have achieved, and the credit you bring to our wonderful industry.
“Competitions like Photographic Stylist of the Year and Britain’s Best are hugely important to hairdressing and barbering. Not only do they celebrate and showcase the very best our industry has to offer, they serve to inspire and motivate stylists and teams to go out of their comfort zone, to push the boundaries of what’s possible and, in the process, come up with designs of breath-taking invention, beauty and creativity.
“I am proud of all our winners and runners-up, and proud the NHBF is inspiring, nurturing and celebrating the immense talent within our industry.”
This year’s winners were:
• Amber Wray of The Hairbank, Urmston (Ladies’ Category 1 – Fashion Look, students and trainees)
• Paula Grocock of Toxic Cherry, Ashby de la Zouche, (Ladies’ Category 2 – Fashion Look)
• Caroline Sanderson of Ego Hair Design, Inverness, (Ladies Category 3 – Fashion Collection)
• Benjamin Madle of Headhunters, Woking, (Ladies Category 4 – Afro-Caribbean – Fashion Look)
• Eirann Byrne of AKA Hairdressing, Bristol, (Men’s Category 1 – Fashion Look, students and trainees)
• Allan McKechnie of Rutherfords, Oban, (Men’s Category 2 – Fashion Look)
• Michael Damiano of Image Barbers, Bedford (Men’s Category 3 – Fashion Collection)
• Kade Burgess of Image Barbers, Bedford, (Men’s Category 4 – Afro-Caribbean – Fashion Look)
This year’s Photographic Stylist of the Year competition was sponsored by ITEC and Spencer Scissors.