16 December 2020
This update covers:
- Wales: close contact businesses to close under level four.
- Scotland: new video guidance for close contact services.
- England: close contact businesses can remain open in all tiers.
Wales: close contact businesses to close under level four
The Welsh Government has just announced that:
- All close contact businesses must close at end of trading on Christmas Eve. We are waiting for confirmation of the exact time that businesses must close.
- Wales will move to level four on 28 December. Close contact businesses including mobile cannot operate under level four. They also cannot open between Christmas Eve and 28 December.
- This level four lockdown will be reviewed after three weeks.
Download a pdf from the Welsh Government website which clearly explains what is allowed under levels one to four.
Scotland: short video guidance for close contact services
Watch this short video for guidance on the new protection levels for close contact businesses with premises such as hairdressers, barbers and beauty salons.
England: close contact businesses can remain open under all tiers
On Wednesday, 2 December 2020, England returned to the three-tier system.
Salons, barbershops, nail salons, spas, massage parlours, tanning salons and mobile businesses can remain open in all three tiers. Find out more on the government website.
- Read our four nations FAQs.
- Find out what financial support is available across the four nations.
- Rules for mobile stylists and therapists.
- How to cope with local lockdowns.
- Our coronavirus FAQs are regularly updated. Check back often for the latest information.
- Read our regularly updated job retention scheme FAQs.
- NHBF Members can download an information poster, email and social media message for clients.
- Members can call our membership team, Monday-Friday, 9-5, on 01234 831965. Please be patient due to the extremely high level of calls we are currently getting.
- For legal advice, Members can login to get our 24/7 legal helpline number. Again, please be patient. The legal team is also dealing with a huge number of calls.